FACE UP! is a non-profit organization. FACE UP! offers after school programs and summer camps to children in Montreal, through not-for-profit organizations including community centres, and school foundations. We strive to incorporate aspects of physical and social emotional well-being and life skills into all our programs.
Each year, FACE UP! offers new programs and may phase out or merge previously provided programs, in order to best suit the needs of the students, and within the limits of the time constraints of volunteers developing and coordinating the programs.
FACE UP! 2018-2019 sessions will offer two main programs, both from the Career Awareness Initiative: Campus Discovery Program (in Fall 2018) and CEGEP Discovery Program (in Winter 2019).
Objectives of our Career Awareness Initiative
• To inspire the pursuit of post-secondary education
• To ease the participants’ transition from high school to CEGEP and eventually to university
• To increase pursuit of STEM studies, especially by under-represented groups such as women, indigenous peoples, refugees, and children whose parents did not obtain any university degree
• To provide participants with the opportunity to learn soft skills designed to help them succeed in their studies and flourish in life
• To provide mentorship and positive role modelling through McGill university student FACE UP! volunteers
FACE UP! Discovery for elementary school children
FACE UP! is no longer offering this program in 2018-2019, but the main themes and ideas from FACE UP! Discovery, FACE UP! Nature Discovery and FACE UP! Music Discovery are